6:00a- Today in Rock History
6:50a- Impossible Trivia ($10 Ickey Nickel)
7:25a- Sioux City traffic update
7:35a- Z-98 Sports
7:35a- Sports Trivia ($20 Firehouse)
7:50a- 98-second News from KTIV with Sara Te Slaa
8:20a- Z-98 Sports
8:35a (Thurs)- Mick from the Chesterfield
8:50a- 98-second News from KTIV with Al Joens
9:00a- Nine O' Clock Rock block
I was asked to “offer-up” some personal information for this page, so you, the reader, can learn more about me (note-taking is recommended as there may be a quiz at the end). I was born a poor black man, no wait, that’s Navin R. Johnson from “The Jerk” (favorite movie). Actually, I was born an Air-Force brat at the Air-Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. In typical military fashion, we moved almost every year until my father retired from the service. I spent almost all of my “growing” years in Wisconsin. Stops along the way include Waukesha, Sheboygan Falls, Eau Claire, and La Crosse, although most of the time was in Green Bay. Yes, I’m a Packer fan. At one time, I lived about six blocks from Lambeau Field, and I went to Vincent T. Lombardi Jr. High. I now have dogs named Vince, and Lombardi, only because my wife refused to let me grace my baby daughter with the middle name of Lombardi... High school was followed by a year at UW-River Falls where I did everything but go to class (it’s no wonder I was asked not to return for my Sophomore year. The letter read something like, "We suggest you pursue something different at this point in time..."). From there, it was off to Brown Institute in Minneapolis to “study” radio (like there’s a lot to study!) For me, the radio road has gone through Carroll, Algona, and Emmetsburg (all in Iowa) before my stay here in Sioux City, where I’ve been since 1998.
-I bleed Green & Gold, so I enjoy this link a lot. You might too...
-The Roller Dames kick ass. Check out the gals here!
-The nickname is Chopper. So, of course, I fit in with bikers, and some of the nicest ones I've ever met belong to the Independent Riders for Children and Charities. They ride all the time, plus do great things for their communities. Their motto is 'Helping out where we can, doing what's right, making an impact'. They live up to it too! There's an event coming up soon, so check them out...
1) Dogs live in the moment and enjoy the one they're with. Are you stuck in the past?
2) Dogs don't have an ego, so they don't sweat the small stuff. Instead, let it roll right off their backs. Do you dwell?
3) Dogs are great listeners. Are you attentive?
4) Dogs are loyal;. Do you have a wandering eye?
5) Dogs are always affectionate. When was the last time you acted
6) Dogs appreciate the little things in life. Are you grateful?
7) Dogs are always happy to see you, and after a hard day at work, they are always there with a hug and a smile. Are you warm and welcoming?
8) Dogs have a playful spirit and good sense of humor. Are you carefree?
9) Dogs don't care what you look like or what kind of car you drive. Are you superficial?
10) Dogs love unconditionally. Do you?